View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2024, 02:12 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Looks like I am about 1924 pages late to the game.

I belong to some of the earliest users on the sight, discovering HeroScape with my family when I was a teen. Now, I have children of my own who are starting to get into HeroScape.

And last Christmas, I finally got into C3G!

It's strange timing, considering the HeroScape Reboot is just around the corner and there will be more official Scape to buy very soon. Nevertheless, my son got into MarvelScape last year, taking up the Superheroes and their Supervillain foes and putting in a ton of time with them. Since I never really enjoyed the Marvel Master Set (got it for 100% collection completion, but thought it was a bit of a lazy design having Venom-Spiderman and Hulk-Abomination being basically copies of each other and not doing much with some of the other heroes), the figures just hung out unused, so I gave them to my seven year old son along with the flat maps from Arena of the Planeswalkers. He takes care of his stuff pretty well, but if anything happened to that stuff, I wouldn't really mind. It became his play preference number 1 and we started playing more and more with the Supers. For Christmas, I got him the Incredibles - just right for his age and nearly the only superhero movie he has seen (he is also familiar with the Avengers, because he got to sit at a beach bar and watch Age of Ultron while we were on vacation in Manila last year - good times).

Now, I have taken the dive. Under the guise of an advent calender for next year, I splurged on the very affordable HeroClix miniatures that I was familiar with. I can hardly wait for the X-Men, Batman and Robin, the Fantastic Four, the Justice League (couldn't find Flash though) and other to jump in and knock the stuffing out of the Wrecking Crew, Magneto and the Brotherhood and a bunch of other baddies. I'm really enjoying Super-Maps like Crime Alley or using Knockback Rules and molten lava. The powers of C3G can be somewhat more complex, but the kids really have fun with the HEROScape of C3G, which streamlines turns considerably without squads and bonding and especially long turns.

I'm jumping in to the Legacy Stuff for the moment, because there are more cards, but the 2.0 stuff looks wonderful and I think they make the game even better!

Thank you guys so much! Sorry I took so long!
When my son was younger I did the same thing with the Advent Calendar. We have a small christmas tree shaped box and they just happen to fit in the small little boxes...mostly. A few had to have a slip of paper with a map to find the figure

Love hearing these stories if for nothing else to help me re remember those great times from my life. Thanks for sharing and in a few weeks perhaps we will have enough 2.0 releases to help you make the switch sooner

The hardest part is going to be hanging on to all that until next year without giving in earlier

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.