View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2019, 04:31 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Blazing Firecats) - Design

My main worry with the charging from fire-based damage direction is that it’s a little bit thematically inconsistent. I don’t mind them being vulnerable to molten lava, but I do find it somewhat odd that they would be charged by Chandra and Searing Intensity but not by Fire Line or Burning Breath. This is more a fault with prior heroscape designs than it is with us, but it’s still kind of an odd failing. It also might be a little too niche for the steps we’d be taking to make it happen.

The thing I do like about the marker direction is that three turns with +1 attack is going to be enough a lot of the time that you might not feel the need to recharge them even if you can. This works out whether or not we make them rechargeable, as the synergy will remain light if they have it but they won’t feel lacking if they don’t. That said, I kind of like the interplay between my version of Inflame and Scytale’s alternative to Lava Resistant. You might hesitate to burn your last marker if it costs you survivability, but lowering your defense makes it easier for Chandra to light them up again. That combination also allows us to cut the last clause from Inflame, since the power that lets them absorb fire damage already covers it.

I’m still a little up in the air on this, but I’m curious how everyone else feels here.