View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2009, 06:43 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: A3n's Dr Who Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post

Sudema does virtually nothing but take a 65% to destroy a single squad figure or a 20% chance to destroy a hero from 4 spaces. She's 140 points and extremely fragile at 4 life and 3 defense. Your guys could guarantee two squad kills per turn or take two chances at killing a hero. They are also about 6x as durable and are common. I have no idea what they are worth, but it is more than even the most expensive Marvel figures.

I mean this only as constructive criticism - the abilities you've chosen are neat, but they need to be toned down in terms of degree to make the figures balanced.
I actually haven't seen Sudema before, as I was using Grimnak as my comparison. He gets to Chomp & do a normal attack. Remembering also that unlike Sudema's Stare of Stone but like Grimnak's Chomp my Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! only targets small or medium figures & the Daleks only have a combined life of 2. I feel a small or medium squad member is just cannon fodder to a Dalek's Disintergration ray & giving up a 6 attack for only a 30% chance of destroying a small or medium Hero was a valid trade off. I thought anything lower than 30% was never going to be used which would kill the Dalek's theme, but I accept all criticism which is why I wanted to have the discussion about going lower & increasing range & cost.

If my customs are off in any way please give me a suggestion on how to make it better & I will certainly consider it or at the least start a discussion about it. I think we all win if we help each other get our customs right, and that's all I'm aiming for here.

Cheers