View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dignan's Competitive Unit Errata

If there was a lot of discussion on this before the time warp, I apologize, but...

Why not have Acolarh roll ALL twelve of the dice when using his power.

I dug up some probabilities from the book of Sir Gilbert:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhydderch
Just a few numbers for Dispatch. Number refers to how many Jandar symbols are rolled:

Number.....Percent

0............. 11.22
1............. 26.92
2............. 29.61
3............. 19.74
4............. 08.88
5............. 02.84
6............. 00.66
7............. 00.11
8............. 0.014

So you'll roll between 0 and 5 Jandar symbols 99% of the time. What about 9-12? Its not likely that you'll roll that many. The percent chance for rolling these numbers combined is only about 0.006 so I'd be checking my opponent's dice if he rolled 12 Jandar symbols :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Anyone convert this into a 1 or more format...
Sure:

At least.....Percent

1............. 88.78
2............. 61.86
3............. 32.25
4............. 12.51
5............. 03.63
6............. 00.79
7............. 00.13
8............. 00.02
9............. 0.006

~Aldin, with props to Rhydderch
So, if I understand this right, he'd save a life about every third time. Is that too much? Doesn't seem too much to me. Not like he's doing a whole lot else.

It just seems right to use all the dice.

And if he's causing that much trouble, just kill him first like you kill Raelin first.

And if folks are killing him first, then I'd say he's actually worth his points.

Thanks for making a thread like this--I think a tournament that used the errata developed here would be a lot of fun.

Doopa is Polish for awesome.