View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:38 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I'd guess he's worth 250 or more. Nothing in the playtests makes me think otherwise. He won most of his 1v1s despite (I assume) not having access to the incredible Bug Drop power. In the other games, he was buried in relative large armies, were a figure like him isn't going to win all of his games by himself. Despite that this teams won a large majority.

Obviously he has synergy with the Crime Fighters, but really, you can drop him in any build. Bug Drop lets you basically pick when to bring him in when his attack can be most devastating. No OMs are required to get him in position, and he can swap out OMs with any frontline figure, so he has synergy with any army that puts OMs near the front.

What this guy buys you is not raw beat power (unless you're playing against an army that depends on adjacency bonuses or has a packed startzone). You're buying improved efficiency for your army and reduced efficiency for your opponent.
I totally see this logic.

I see him as a stronger Harley Quinn with a less potent Smilex..but one that you can use every turn... He has bonding, a better defense power, better stats...

I still want to see him proven on the battlefield, but I see no solid reason (in theory) to chose a different 160 point figure over him.