View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Quentin Quire - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Mental Shield is a bit of a bummer to leave off just for the sake of immunities, but if a two power card is popular, I won't argue. There's a lot going on with those two powers.
Mental Shield is simple enough that we could fit it in, but it's not super iconic for him. I liked the protection aura Psionic Shield has, but we can probably find a more fitting spot for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
For the first power, the use of "that Mutant" seems a bit off. I'm clear on what you're referring to, but it feels imprecise - or at least uses language that doesn't seem like anything we've used previously. I don't have a better option off hand and it's not a deal-breaker for me, but it seems worth considering.
"that Mutant" is standard Sidekick power language. Not sure why it would be a problem here. I did realize that an "any other" should be added to the first sentence. I borrowed most of the wording from Jason Todd, but he bonds with Vigilantes without being one, where this shouldn't trigger on Quentin's turn.

After the breathing period, I'll update with suggested wording changes. I'm not a big fan of making the wound an unblockable attack die though. It's already relying on a D20 and it's limited to a single wound, so I really don't think it's a balance issue. He's already swingy enough that I'd like to avoid making him swingier.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"