View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2021, 10:00 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
So, just wondering as I've kinda thought of doing a battlestar-kinda world (in essence, huge ships after a disaster containing all from a planet over a few generations), would it be the ship name as the planet? Or the destroyed planet?
A good question. I would think the destroyed world, personally. If Marr was blown up, would all future Marro come from Valhalla? No. But there's a reasonable argument for the ship as the planet, following that Soulborgs originated on Alpha Prime and some name Isadora as their homeworld. Even if they were built there, Soulborgs originated on Alpha Prime.

As for Xuè Shèn,

Arctorus -- I don't think Arctorus has been clearly defined, not even internally. But Dad_Scaper is the one with the vision in his head of what it is and isn't. He's something of its gatekeeper.
Eberron -- As I noted above, "Demon" and "Monk" don't work together in D&D. Being a monk requires discipline, which is the antithesis of what demons are.
Feylund -- The fantasy dumping ground. Any high fantasy fits here.
Grut -- When C3V put Varks on Grut, it was made clear Grut was populated by more than just Orcs. Given how little we've seen of it, it's more warlike, feral nature doesn't seem like a good fit.
Icaria -- Icaria is home to dragons and humanoid Icarians. Could there be other things there? In theory. May have pushback on this choice depending on how "pure" people think Icaria should be.
Toril -- Same problem as Eberron.
Valhalla -- Valhalla is home to more than Kyrie, bu so far Kyrie are the only indigenous race that's advanced beyond primitive culture, so there may be pushback here as well.