View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2019, 08:35 AM

TheTravelingScaper is surprisingly tart
Re: Another expansion

Well history repeats itself. People boycotted them when they discontinued Heroscape. Had AOTP garnered the success the original did , they'd have a few less customers buying stuff and it would seem odd to say the least. Heck back in 2010 , i could barely afford a RotV and that was all i had. I lurked here then and couldn't afford much else. Never really knew that heroscape boycotts were a thing . Thank Wikipedia for that gem of knowledge . Gives the fan-base a new level of dedication actually. Allow me to quote : " After taking over Heroscape, Wizards of the Coast issued new products with a Dungeons and Dragons theme (another of their product lines). This change was reported to be intended to reduce production costs, but existing players saw it as an attempt to convert players away from Heroscape to D&D. On November 3, 2010, Wizards of the Coast announced that they would be discontinuing production of Heroscape products, supposedly in favor of focusing on their core games: Dungeons & Dragons and Magic: The Gathering. This caused an instant backlash in the Heroscape community, including petitions and threats of boycotts. Despite the lack of official production for several years, the game remains popular, with a strong and dedicated community, regular tournaments, and user-created content." (Wikipedia) It just seems so out of left field even for Wizards as MTG is one of their IPs to make a game system with some intent to see competitive use and suddenly stop refining the system and leaving crucial holes in the rules like common squads that (if I'm not mistaken don't exist specifically in AOTP). It's something that I don't think under normal circumstances the staff at Wizards would do.

Missing 24 Units until I have 1 of everything. Missing stuff from waves 4,7,8,9,10,13 AA,Skahen Brown & Woo
My Tradeslist : http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51248