View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:00 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Thunderers of Qward - Design

I am using the Arkon figures too, and I think that a simple pink wash on their skin with a paint job on their shields would be an easy trick. Taking characters off the table for designs just seems wrong to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
NAME = Thunderers of Qward

SPECIES = Qwardian
UNIQUENESS = Common Squad (2)
CLASS = Thunderers
PERSONALITY = Arrogant

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 90?

QWA-BOLTS
When attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When attacking a non-adjacent figure with a normal attack, all skulls rolled count as one additional hit.

MALEVOLENT INSPIRATION
When a Thunderer of Qward attacks with a non-adjacent attack, add 1 to his Attack number if he is adjacent to one or more Insurgent or Destroyer Heroes you control.
The class is not only too on the nose because of their name, it is also a mystery what exactly it is. I think Weaponers would be a nice class. These guys did create the Yellow Battery and Rings for Sinestro.

Other than needing Flying, I think the design is solid. They didn't always fly though, so that is debatable, but a lot of them did. Your call, I guess, but I think to help them keep up with Sinestro and his Corps, giving them flying keeps them on the drafting table a bit more.