View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2022, 08:16 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Painted Miniature counts

Bugs and bugs and bugs! Put me down for 60 more miniatures painted, which wraps up my easy bulk painting. 20 Fire Ants, 20 Red Ants, 20 High Dune Scorpions.

The plastic for all three is rubbery (since I was using prank Halloween ants, also sold by the same company who makes the prank scorpions) which left the paint sticky. I solved this with some heavy wash layers, and giving it a heavy varnish spray. The painting can be sticky all it likes, so long as the varnish outside is dry lol.

The scorpions in particular were very gooey, I ended having to scrub most of my first attempt of with a toothbrush for all twenty of them. I’d recommend just leaving these guys as is.