View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 4/29/16

Yeah, cool idea, but honestly, without synergy, he's a wasted OM. 75 points for one single spaced hero with a poor attack, a plague ability with a slightly higher roll than the Marrden Hounds, and a slower move on average than the hounds? He's got a lot of potential, but I'd never take him as is. It should be easily fixable, however - I'd suggest that you:
1) Drop the roll for the plague. It's presently slightly worse than the Marrden Hounds, and theirs is inherently better anyway due to them being a double spaced squad of three - more surface area = more chances to hurt something, and it's not as though the hounds are shaking up the meta-game anyway. I'd drop the roll to 14, at the highest, if you want this guy to be worthwhile.
2) The next change I'd suggest is to do one of two things, depending on what kind of figure you want this to be:
  1. Give him bonding - making him a Darklord to work with the Wolves of Badru or Relentless to work with the Death Knights (or both!) would make me much more inclined to take and activate him, so he can lead with your forces, tie your opponents down and, if you're lucky, get in an auto-wound. He'd actually make quite the interesting, cheap bonding hero, though I don't know if his cost would still need to go down a bit - 2 attack is puny, and 3 life won't stand up long.
  2. Drop his points to, say, 20/30/40 and make him a filler unit. He's not enough to actually work on his own as a stand-alone hero at his cost, but he'd make an entertaining and potentially useful filler.
Also, might I be able to know what figure this guy uses?

Get better soon!

~ Lazy Orang, hoping she hasn't taken too many liberties by making so many suggestions, but thinking that this guy really has potential that she'd like to see explored.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================