View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2019, 12:11 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Ronin's Public Workshopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Is there a specific theme of leadership you’re looking for? I’m assuming the T-bolts aren’t exactly thrilled to be working for him, right?
Kinda mixed. Most of them do at least like being out and doing stuff more than sitting in a cell. He earns respect from most all of em by the end of the run. (Not Crossbones - Crossbones breaks rank and tries to kill Steve, so he gets flunked out of the Thunderbolts.)

I like the OM rescue idea. I think that's a great little efficiency boost that pairs well with Songbird and also makes for a good way to get OMs on the recruited figures' cards. I like that, philosophically - giving the recruits the agency (as represented by OMs) feels like them getting an opportunity to prove themselves as heroes.

Quote:
THUNDERBOLTS PROGRAM
At the start of the game, choose up to 6 Unique Heroes you control with the class of Creature, Criminal, Sorceress, or Terrorist and place a gray Nanite Marker on each of their Army Cards. For the rest of the game, Unique Heroes you control with Nanite Markers on their cards have the class of Crime Fighter instead of what is listed on their cards.

"THE BOSS"
When a Unique Hero you control with a Nanite Marker on its card is destroyed, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers from that card to this card or a different card you control that has a Nanite Marker.
("The Boss" was the name of the story where Luke Cage took over the T-Bolts)

Don't want to go four powers here, or try to stuff the powers too much, so with that direction I'd want to either drop Nanite Restraint or drop Impenetrable Skin and just up his defense to like 8-9 to make him tankier. I love Nanite Restraint just for giving him a way to dunk on Purple Man, but I'd be open to losing it if people think Impenetrable Skin (or another similar defensive power) is the bigger need.