View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2015, 12:14 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
3 spells per turn, General.

Dysole, I know Magic and this game is not Magic. It could totally be just Magic flavor added to a point system that does not care if you mix colors.
Okay it was unclear from the way you phrased it. It feels most intuitive to me to be unable to mix colors without the given Planeswalker and most akin to Magic. Rolando and you seem to feel otherwise. If I had to guess, I'd think WotC will not endorse color mixing without a planeswalker who lets you.

~Dysole, speculatively
Agreed. The rulebook also seems to back up your speculation.

Essentially, you can cast spells and summon creatures that match the color of the planeswalker.
In the case of the new Kiora planeswalker from Battle of Zendikar expansion, it is Blue and Green. Allowing you to build a spell deck and summon creatures from either of those colors.

That said, when mixing heroscape into this, I think it just takes a bit of knowlegde of both games to come to a reasonable assertion as to what belongs where. I dont think you can simply say that Ullar belongs to green, for instance.

Anubian wolves are utgar, and would assume utgar is under the auspice of black, but these could easily be under the auspice of green or green and black.

I think it's best to look at each squad on a case by case basis.

Though Samurai definitely look like they belong under white. An instant kamigawa expansion for Arena.