View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2021, 02:28 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: [AotV] "Weird" Terrain Rules Discussion

On other thing of note is the black (non weirded) spaces on the mats we can make count as "Shadow". I would also like a standard rules for weird spaces and just like tundra maps, make both the Shadow and Weird spaces be optional. Here are some suggestions from my Herosape and Magic:AotP Cryptolith Map Contest

Quote:
  • Weirded Spaces are "Fog" and also count as two spaces when moving onto (same rule as slippery ice) in addition to shadow rules.
  • Small, Medium, and Large figures on at least one Weirded Space roll an additional defense die against attacks from non-adjacent figures (same as Jungle Terrain).
  • Just like a shadow tile except it works for all sizes. In addition, if you start your turn on a weirded space, you may take a wound in order to move an additional 4 spaces.
  • Give +1 Defense when attacked by a non-adjacent figure or -1 Defense when attacked by an adjacent figure.
I would like something different than current terrain, even if it takes element of others. I am cool with a negative terrain affect or even a mixed negative/positive, as well as assist melee units in some way as all the terrain is on the bottom layer. Some suggestions for positive/negative combos that help melee more than range:
  • Figures on [fog] have no visible hit zones and must be adjacent to opponents' figures to attack those figures with a normal attack.
  • Figures on [vines] increase their defense by 1 but must reduce their attack by 1.
  • Figures starting their move on [vines] increase their move by 2. Figures on [vines] must reduce their range by 2.
The only thing to note is that with all 3 of these suggestions, figures with special attacks can bypass negative affects when on terrain, but not while off the terrain, which again helps melee more than range, which I think is good.