View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2021, 06:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Mind Flayer Mastermind

I've always interpreted it as the OM is picked by the player using the power at random without knowing for sure which OM is which. As such I mixed up how I place my OMs down. But if say, you have the bad habit of always putting your OMs in a line going from highest to lowest, then yeah I can see how they would know which one to choose. If you can't break yourself of that bad habit and protect yourself from a tell, then you could ask before the game starts if everyone would agree to use a d20 to decide. I do a lot of solo-testing for C3G and I use the d20 to determine which OM is moved/revealed/etc. when those powers come up since I know what each OM is. I don't do the odd/even thing but the high/low/middle approach. 1-10 vs 11-20 for 2 OMs, or 1-6 vs 7-12 vs 13-18, 19-20 is a re-roll for 3 OMs, and 1-5 vs 2-10 vs 11-15 vs 16-20 for 4 OMs.