View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2012, 01:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Book of Yellow Lantern (Jonathan Crane) - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I agree that this is looking like a pretty solid design already. However, I do think the Army of Crows SA should be capped at 3 total attacks rather then 4. CA, Batman, Nightcrawler, Warmachine, & Punisher all get just 3 attacks. Tigra & Wolverine are also capped at 3 attacks per turn. So it seems to me that the norm is for a single Unique Hero to get capped at 3 attacks per turn. The exception to the rule is Doc Ock, who has 4 robot arms for 4 normal attacks so the theme is pretty strong for that exception, and the Flash with his super speed punching.
Beast, Black Canary, Iron Fist, Carnage, Daredevil, Bucky, Gambit, Heat Wave and Pyro all can attack far more, with Pyro being able to attack up to six at range. I'm sure others can attack just as much, but didn't want to look them all up. Especially since Army of Crows will get 4 attacks of only 2, with figures subtracting 1 from their defense for each marker. The moment that Scarecrow starts taking attacks, that number of markers is going to fall really quickly, and he'll probably be down to no markers pretty quickly.

I'd also prefer Insurgent, personally.
You are right on Gambit, I missed him. The rest of the figures you cited are highly situational and require multiple targets to pull off. We are talking about a power that lets him attack 4 times every single turn on just one target at range 2. CA & Batman still need multiple targets for their SA and Wolverine and Tigra need to have 2 wounds before their 3 attacks kick in. So a single unique hero getting to make 3 attacks every single turn on one figure is pretty rare, much less 4 attacks. I'm just concerned about power creep.

What point range are you thinking you want the final design to fall in?