View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:47 PM

CronArmy is surprisingly tart
Re: Unbelievable Wins and Losses

I was playing a three-man free for all the other day, 500pts apiece. It came down to me having a three wound Krug and Sir Dupis. My friend had 1 life left on Srgt Drake. And my roommate had a 2wound Ne-Gok-Sa. So obviously I thought I had an easy clean up ahead of me. Ne-gok-sa ran for height, while Krug killed Drake. Last turn of the round I got Krug to put two wounds on NGS, one life left. Game right?? No...he wins the roll to go first by getting a 20, goes first and attempts mind shackle. Rolls the freaking 20. Now at this point, I'm still fine, a full life Sir Dupis vs a combined three lives of Krug and NGS. But I had my first two order markers on Krug. So as I can't do anything he moves NGS down from height on his second move, then engages Sir D on his third, goes for mind shackle and...hits it again!!! I he goes from an unavoidable loss to winning the game because he rolled three freaking 20s in a row, two for mind shackle.
Sad part is...I could even be mad, the universe obviously wanted him to win that night. I laughed along with him as he giggled in disbelief/delight....gotta love Heroscape