View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2014, 02:53 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Baron Zemo (Helmut) or Sage

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Ah, you're right, Sage can't manipulate Init rolls with Probability Calculation.

Looking at that scenario, I have two words for you: Shadow Thief.

If I were looking to make a fun army, but still a very strong one that fit the format, I'd probably go with something like Martian Manhunter with Warren Worthington III (either one) and Vulture. Then I'd splash in Shadow Thief and some of the other units that can leave the board (Chronos, Moon Knight, Angstrom Levy, Blue Beetle). Maybe I'd toss in Mirror Master just to reinforce the "messing with figure placement" theme. Finally, add Sage to make it all manageable and to help out all those d20 powers.
chas designed this scenario in part because he considered his win to be cheesy in in TIG #1. chas approves, or doesn't, the armies of each of us, first come first served. To avoid breaking the scenario - chas' situation in TIG #2 is difficult enough - no stealing the Gauntlet, or mimicing its powers, is allowed. Gravitron was almost banned. Anything that would stall Thanos too much and/or unavoidably is banned. In general, known and recently discovered broken combos are banned. None of us want an unbalanced game in any direction.

Moon Knight was in all my drafts up to the last one, but 1. I used him in last month's gathering of the Gang, and 2. I realized he could not drop using Helmut's X. Angstrom Levy was also in an early draft.
We agreed that Angstrom Levy might break the game.