View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2009, 03:04 PM

MalignantT is surprisingly tart
Re: Heroscape Video game

Just as a thought to the more computer/programing savvy people out there... what would it take to do this?

I try to think of some of the turn-based strategy games I played on the ol' PS-1 (not the RPGs, obviously), and remember how the move phase usually showed all the possibilities, including threat zone (except for the magician type classes).

It doesn't seem like adapting something like that for HS would be too difficult. Some sprite modeling, adjustments for height rules, and special powers would be kind of like spells that would take effect during the appropriate phase. (That steps of a turn, as seen in this big chart that Tribesofwar and Ryougabot thought up would be helpful in structuring and dividing up a turn.)

I would think there would actually be less problems from user operator problems (though reading the card would probably take care of most of those).

Although I love the idea of playing the game on-line, I wonder if such a move would nix the greater portion of the table-top players. Bummer if it did.