View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2019, 11:36 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Thanks for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Great to see you post @Ixe . I cant help but to see the bikes are on circular bases. Do you have them rebased on peanuts or are you playing them on a gridless/hexless variant like the hexless scape variant I posted? I really like the flexibility of terrain options when using a non grid battlefield. I like the simplicity of the bikes design.
I'm glad you like the design. Like a lot of my units on this thread, I don't own these guys at all. These are just pictures I took from the internet for stuff that did exist to build a design around. I don't believe they even come based in the first place but I would mount them on a peanut base if I were to actually do it. I have never tried hexless scape before but it sounds interesting (although I do enjoy the simplicity that the hex system provides).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
So glad to see a post from you, Ixe! Your comments were a real encouragement to me when I first started sharing my customs here.
That's great to hear. I tried to go out of my way to help new members so I'm glad that it paid off for you.

Quote:
I really like the idea of creating "cavalry" squads for all the generals who didn't have them yet, and the futuristic bicycle gang fits vydar perfectly.

They're fairly simple, and I do worry that they'd play too similarly to the wolves of Badru, and would probably not be worth their points. However, they do seem like they'd be very fun to play and I'm really glad you shared them!
Yeah, if you go to the OP you can see the whole cycle I rounded out for cavalry squads. They were deliberately designed to not be worth their points. These guys may need a bit more help and perhaps an extra attack die on their special but I'd imagine they'd be a clunkier, more expensive wolves squad most of the time.

Quote:
I'm not sure if you intend to be around here too much more, but there's some really exciting stuff happening in the AotV threads, which is a community-driven master set that's being developed using components from the Arena of the Plainswalker sets. We'd love to get your input Regardless, I hope all is well with you and thank you for sharing your custom!
I'll see if I can poke around over there for a bit but I mostly plan on posting a number of custom unit ideas to round things out then fading away again. I don't quite have the same time for Scape as I used to although I still pop by from time to time to see what's going on.