View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2023, 08:51 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I'm possibly backing Freelancers (Plaid Hat Games).
I got to play a demo version of this with GB and R˙chean 2 months ago. It is a lot of fun!
Cool! Have you played Forgotten Waters? How do they compare?
I got in on a very early play of FW a few months before it released at Gencon. I remember liking it and enjoyed the app and the humor. I only played it the one time at the cabin. I seem to recall it’s 3+ players and my normal gaming is usually 2 players. So it wouldn’t hit the table enough - if at all - and I never picked it up.

Freelancers is in that same style, but I enjoyed it much much more. Not sure that I can explain it more than that. (I’m trying to recall playing a game played once several years ago, after all). I enjoy the storybook style of game - and Plaidhat does them well - but Freelancers is probably my favorite in that genre. The traveling, questing, interactions, world, etc. in this one just scratches an itch I didn’t even know I had. I highly recommend it.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; July 28th, 2023 at 08:53 PM. Reason: I liked Forgotten Waters. I really liked Freelancers. Like really, really liked..