View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2017, 11:30 AM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker
Re: Giantslayer's Point Valuation System

@michaeltaylor Well nevermind, I’ll do it now, I can’t get it off my mind.
I'll try to answer as best I can.

Iron Man = “so those two attacks at 4 are approximately equal to one attack at 6. That places Double Attack at about equivalent to increasing Iron Man’s attack to 6, which would cost 35 points. Power Level 3 clocks in at 30 points.” It is likely that he added on 35 instead of 30 and that is where this inconsistency lies.

Silver Surfer = In your post you have Hyper Speed 5 valued at 50 instead of 15. But this changes nothing, I’m coming up with a value of 305. Giantslayer must have had other unmentioned reasons for costing Surfer at 320.

Spiderman = When Giantslayer is talking about Spiderman in his case study, he seems to allot more points to things, but then round them down to a power level, it is possible that he is assigning the power levels to other numbers, for example, he says that Web Attack is worth 20 points, so he assigns it a 2 (15) He could be adding on the extra 5 in his overall cost, or subtracting for other powers.

Thanos = like Giantslayer says, powers may have different values on different characters, flying may be more beneficial to some characters more than others, so for Thanos this may have bumped up flying an extra 5 points.

Venom = “It would take a defense of 6 to get him that much average damage reduction. Upgrading to 6 defense would take 35 points. Level 3 power for 30 is about right.” Another case of this.

Of course, Giantslayer may have made some mistakes as are bound to happen with theoretical maths based around toys and plastic cubes.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!