View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2014, 05:57 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
I think I'll bow out of the game decisions. Xotli and Leotheanimal87 seem to have far more knowledge and interest in the creation of our tournament play than I can muster.
A dangerous decision. But, if so, and hearing nothing from anyone else, I think Leo and I are in agreement about the new restricted format.

Quote:
I was contacted by OrcElfArmyOne and he suggested his own list called Balance Drafting,
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=49429
which was followed by the suggestion of Delta+, http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=46703
Wellllll ... okay, first of all, let me say that I am always open to new formats/rules/scenario types/etc. I think one of the greatest things about Heroscape is that it's so versatile and can be played so many different ways, but tournaments tend to squash that with a very rigid format. So I love to see things changed up.

That having been said, I have some reservations about those two systems in particular. Delta+ is basically unusable for us since it has explicit alternative point costs for all units, but it doesn't actually include all units--the last 3 waves of C3V units are not listed. Balance Drafting is a bit more flexible, and certainly could be combined with dok's power rankings to cover VC units (even though it wasn't designed for that). But it's still pretty new, and I'm just not sure there's been quite enough playtesting with it yet. Maybe next year I'll feel differently.

So my opinion would be to keep with our restricted list system, only updating it as I suggested above. I'll repeat that here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proposed New Restricted List
The restricted list is composed of two parts: primary units and filler units. Your army can contain no more than one restricted primary unit, and no more than one restricted filler unit. If a restricted primary unit is common or uncommon, your army may contain multiples of that unit, up to a maximum of 300 points. If a restricted filler unit is common or uncommon, and you want to take multiples of that unit, you must treat it as a restricted primary unit instead.

Restricted Primary Units:
  • Deathreavers (A+)
  • Major Q9 (A+)
  • Raelin - RotV (A+)
  • 10th Regiment of Foot (A)
  • 4th Massachusetts Line (A)
  • Blastatrons (A)
  • Fen Hydra (A)
  • Grimnak (A)
  • Heavy Gruts (A)
  • Knights of Weston (A)
  • Krav Maga Agents (A)
  • Marro Stingers (A)
  • Nilfhiem (A)
  • Sir Gilbert (A)
  • Vulcanmech Incendiborgs (A)
  • Airborne Elite (A-)
  • Braxas (A-)
  • Cathar Spearmen (A-)
  • Cyprien Esenwein (A-)
  • Fire Elemental (A-)
  • Greenscale Warriors (A-)
  • Kaemon Awa (A-)
  • Krug (A-)
  • Major Q10 (A-)
  • Quahon (A-)
  • Roman Legionnaires (A-)
  • Zelrig (A-)

Restricted Filler List:
  • Isamu (A)
  • Marcu Esenwein (A)
  • Marro Warriors (A)
  • Black Wyrmling (A-)
  • Eldgrim (A-)
  • Me-Burq-Sa (A-)
Only two changes from last time:
  1. I clarified that uncommons are treated like commons in terms of point limits, and
  2. I clarified how to handle multiple black wyrmlings (not that I think that'll come up, but it did seem to be a hole in my plan when I went back and reviewed it).
@Leotheanimal87 , does this look good to you?

Quote:
I should be able to make 2 maps unless they are competing for a lot of the same scarce pieces.
Well, here's my suggested list again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proposed Map List
So, the first two on that list would be Sirocco, which requires 2 BftU and 1 TJ, and Swamp Thing, which requires 1 RotV, 1 SotM, and 1 RttFF. So, no overlap there, as long as you have all that stuff. What say, @warriorneedsfoodbadly : can you handle those two?

That would be enough for 8 players, but I suspect we'll need more than that. Who else can bring a map? Leo said maybe, so let's not count on that. hivelord can always build a map or two, but he's not sure he can make it yet. We have @Detrimentalman down as a definite, but I suspect from the phrasing of his response here in the thread that he meant to say he will not be present for the tourney, only for the open gaming afterwards. So possibly we shouldn't count on him, unless he clarifies. Who else can bring a map? @WreakLoosE , perhaps?

Also, has anyone posted on the Yahoo! group, if it's still around?

Also also, wnfb: do you mind if I go ahead and update the top post with this stuff (maps and restricted list updates and so forth)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V