View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2021, 04:19 AM

BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Godzilla and friends

I've got pics of the figures I've picked out from shortest to tallest. (Minus Mecha-King Ghidorah and 1" taller Mecha-Godzilla because their shipping has been delayed) Pardon the clutter at the desk, I've been working 7 days a week for some time now and have no time at home to do this.

I don't like how hard plastic-y and lacking in detail Destoroyah is in comparison to the others, but I also understand that other (more detailed/soft plastic) models for him are much more costly right now.

I know you all are unlikely to do a second Gigan, but I don't mind having an alt for him since they're both so unique and iconic in their own ways.

I'd like Biollante to be taller but I know we have pretty much no alternate figures available; perhaps it would be easy enough to mod by molding some green stuff under the figure (just around the edges, hollowed out in the center to save on cost). You wouldn't even necessarily have to paint it as it's almost the same color. Doing so would also allow more flexibility with the basing, because as is it is really odd to fit the figure on any specific hex configuration.

Speaking of basing, Mothra Larval Form takes up 5 hexes in a row perfectly (I could see simply basing with 2 large doubles with an empty space between). Single spacers can easily fit on all hexes surrounding. Anguirus will fit on 2 doubles with a single space between, and I'm going to experiment with basing Mothra angled up towards the front of the base (either through the use of a metallic insert or a flight stand of sorts).