View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroes of 'Scape (RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Couple questions:

1) Do you have a name for this new variation?
2) Do you have an idea on when we can expect a full release of the rules?
1) I do not. I'm not very clever with titles; I didn't even come up with Heroes of 'Scape. If you have any ideas, please send them my way.

2) I do not. I do hope to release an alpha version with just a few Races/Classes for testing purposes. Once my school schedule gives me room to do more physical work (I've only been doing brainstorming and jotting things down for now) I'll get to work on that. That might take me a month or so.
1) Heroes of 'Scape Redux? Heroes of 'Scape 2.0?

2) When you're ready to release the alpha/beta, let me know - I'd like to help test it out.
It's really not Heroscape anymore, not by lore anyways, so I'm going to try and find a name that doesn't tie it to Heroscape.

Like I promised, I'd keep you guys updated on any changes through the development stages. One decision I made last night was to lose the one starting Class concept. It was a noble attempt, but just too problematic. I will try not to have more than two or three starting Classes per Race.
There were two main reasons I tried to make it one starting Class. The first was so everyone would know, without a doubt, how to start. Just pick up the sheets for your Race of choice and go. The second was so that players who don't quite know what they want to play as yet, can take their time in figuring it out by starting out as a Class that is so balanced and simple. The new layout for the game guide should still be capable of taking care of my first reason. On the first page of the Race will be in big bold letters STARTING CLASS(ES). So that shouldn't be a problem if done correctly. The second reason won't work as well with this change, but if given only two to three choices, it might not be too bad for indecisive players.

As for Goblins, I tend to lean towards the savage monster type as well. But I know in the Warcraft universe, they are fairly intelligent, even competing with the Dwarves technologically.