View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2021, 07:10 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Just picked up my first ever acrylic inks. I’m trying out a black ink to make my own nuln oil substitute. I’ve made some good washes before using paint but I always lose the pigments in them easier. I’ve been on the fence about getting inks for awhile and decided to go for it. I have been using my own method of army painters quickshade with a mineral spirits wipe method that works pretty well on quite a few different types of models. The thing is with those is whenever you paint a lot of white, it can look less than great with a thicker brown oil based wash. I’m currently doing all my pirate models up this way and they look great, but I have a ton more stormtroopers and clone troopers for legion that I would for sure like to plow through with minimal effort on the wash front. I plan on making a large jar of the black nuln oil substitute and if it works out well, I’ll invest in other colors of inks to make up some great washes on the cheap and possibly my own contrast paint colors. Wish me luck, and if it turns out great, I’ll share my findings. I’ve painted 61 miniatures in the last week and a half and am roughly halfway done with another 13 of them. The nuln oil substitute should speed up the process even further because there isn’t as big of a wait time as the oil based washes for cure time.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo