View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2009, 01:08 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Omnicron Repulsors - what's your army idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Taelord 180
Snipers x2 380
Repulsors x3 500
16 hexes
Until attrition kicks in, that is just sick

~Aldin, throwing four doubled dice from height
Yeah, though I'm sure you'd have a game or two where you completely smoke the oppositon in about 15 minutes. That alone may be worth it. You may go 1-4 at a tourney but the one win will be the fastest in Scape history (and all that anyone will talk about).
This army was my first thought too (and fomox's, it seems). Taelord/Snipers is a great combination anyway and this build will be great against heroes.

A variant that should give more staying power, hoping that the repulsor boost is sufficient for the deadly shooters:

Omnicron Snipers x2: 200
Zetacron: 60
Nakita Agents: 120
Repulsors x3: 120
Total: 500pts, 20 hexes.
What attrition?

If they can get through the repulsor screen with lots of figures left, then yeah, but that seems like a very big "if" to me. They'll eventually kill all the repulsors, but probably not have killed any snipers. And during that, you're raining down 3 attacks of 3-4 (with the occasional round of weak repulsor attacks for repositioning).

I think it's a solid 3-2 or 4-1 army. And some of those will be very enjoyable slaughters. Not sure what I'd add for day 2, though. (75-Zetacron, Isamu, 100-3rd set of snipers, 140-Raelin, repulsors, Marcu)