View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2016, 10:45 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Symbiote Rage is clever. I'd drop him down to melee range if you're doing that (or a version of it), but it's definitely a cool idea.

Really not liking him as a vigilante. Besides not liking him in that synergy web, I don't think it's really representative. In the original comics, the symbiote never actually influenced his behavior at all. In other media where they do the "more reckless/impulsive/angry" direction, it's usually a relatively subtle thing. He starts getting show-offy, he goes a little overboard with the subduing criminals, he has weird dance sequences at clubs, and so on. It's not like his whole MO changes or anything. I'd go for a Brash/Angry/Reckless personality and stick with Crime Fighter (or maybe Fighter?).
I definitely see what you mean when it comes to range and the Rage power - what I think I'll do instead of dropping his range (which I'd like to keep at 2 for parity with Venom) is make it some that SR only works in melee.
I can see your point on Vigilante - it seemed right to me, but I'm far from attached to it. That being said, I'm really not feeling Fighter or Crime Fighter for this guy - honestly, I rarely say this, but I'd be happy to see him without any synergy - it seems fitting, he's probably too surly with the symbiote to get on with anyone . Loner sounds like a fitting class to me, honestly.
As for personality, Conflicted feels right to me, to represent how the two personalities are vying here. If someone else has a strong preference then it's no big deal to me, as it doesn't affect gameplay, but I'd rather keep Conflicted.
As for cost, I'd like to see him a little above C3G classic Spidey - 260 would be ideal, but I'd personally be okay with as high as 280. 240 is as low as I'd really be happy to go.

So here's what I've got:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Sinister set.
Its model number and name are #058-60 / Spider-Man.

Name - Spider-Man
Secret Identity -Peter Parker

Species - Symbiote
Uniqueness - Unique Hero
Class - Loner
Personality - Conflicted
Size/Height - Medium 5

5 Life
Move 6
Range 2
Attack 6
Defence 4

Symbiotic-Senses 12

If Spider-Man is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, Spider-Man takes no damage and may immediately use his Tendril Swing 3 special power.

Tendril Swing 3

Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may use his Tendril Swing. Tendril Swing has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Spider-Man’s Tendril Swing movement, ignore elevations. Spider-Man may swing over water without stopping, swing over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Spider-Man may not Tendril Swing more than 40 levels up or down in a single Tendril Swing. When Spider-Man uses Tendril Swing, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Tendril Swing 3, you may use it one additional time.

Symbiote Rage

After attacking an adjacent figure with Spider-Man’s normal attack, if Spider-Man inflicted at least one wound, you may attack an adjacent figure again with Spider-Man’s normal attack. You may continue attacking adjacent figures until you do not inflict any wounds. Spider-Man cannot attack more than 3 times in a single turn. After taking a turn with Spider-Man, remove one Order Marker from this Army Card for each figure Spider-Man destroyed this turn that was not a Destructible Object, Android, Construct or Undead.

Superstrength

Thanks for the reply.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; August 26th, 2016 at 11:17 AM.