View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2019, 03:36 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: How will C3V units affect the Metagame?

We've definitely gone off topic here, but I was at a live timed tournament event many moons ago, and my opponent, who I will not name, and i had played a few rounds in the finals and the board state was such that the score of the game went to time with a pair of kills my opponent would win:

Opponent
1 life Cyprien (150)
Sonya (45)
1 Stinger (60)
Total: 255

Me:
14 10th Regiment Remaining (300)

The tournament rules were that after time goes off you finish the round before going to full card scoring and he was going last with an OM 3 on Cyprien. He conjectured that he could win by sitting and waiting the 35 minutes left on the clock until the end of round then flying Cyprien in for a 3v3 attack and Chilling touch that if he hit both he would win the game, by knocking my full card scoring down to 225 to his 255.

He sat there thinking about it not moving for a good 5 minutes before I called the Tournament Director over. The tournament director, who I will not name, ruled that my opponent's strategy was valid and if he decided to sit and wait for 30 more minutes then take the final turn of the game the result would stand.

I can do little describe the anger I felt in this situation. I will say that the rest of the tournament goers got wind of the situation and enough negative vibes were sent out towards this individual's strategy that he did not go through with it, took his turn and we finished as normal.