View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2023, 06:04 PM

Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
As far as the ability that just makes them taller, if it would help, I could just put height of 2 on the card, and give them Climb x4. I went this route because they are visually shorter than the other shortest things, which arguably should have been height 1 as well.
I wouldn't vote for it with Arachnid Spatulae 3. I can live with the small size of the mini, and I can squint and live with Height 2, though a bit larger mini would be preferable.

As for the rest of the design, they cannot be Predators thanks to Predator Bonding. Webbing doesn't really do much except against Disengage figures, and is a defender-type power on a unit that has no business being a defender. So almost not a power. Arachnid Movement Bonding being post-turn sucks given their speed and crappy defense. Most of all, though, despite the name and homeworld these don't feel "Lolth-y" to me.

I like the updated Morag, except I don't much like the name. There's nothing actually wrong with it, I just don't like it. If it was some monster or creature I'd like it, maybe even for an evil demihuman, but for a Jandar archer hero I don't like it.
Ah OK, I was just trying to go for a name that was stereotypically Scottish-Gaelic sounding and relatively easy to read (which was a harder thing than it sounded), Eilidh or Brigdhe were my other two initial ideas if you think either of them is any better than Morag?