View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2014, 11:25 AM

RedPower Woo who?
Re: Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

Well let's see here... The year was 2007 it was a Friday night in a college town of 12,000 people and my best friend from college and I were both seniors with nothing to do. So we went to Walmart to waste some time and low and behold as we were perusing through the gameboard section trying to find something other than a videogame to play we found a Marvel master set. We were perplexed as to how this game could exist and yet we know nothing about it as we were both huge Marvel fans, so we bought it, took it back to the apartment and played it with my other two roommates until early in the morning. We decided to go back to Walmart to purchase another set so that we could make ten custom figures out of the original ten because we didn't know about heroclix figures. I worked on the modding and painting and my roommate worked on the cards and within a couple of days the "first generation" was born, we now had 20 figures to play with and enough markers for four players and the marvelscape snowball began to roll. Our first generation consisted of the Hobgoblin, punisher, bullseye, carnage, apocalypse, iceman, war machine, the thing, collosus, and symbiote spiderman.