View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Legends of Scape (RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
After briefly skimming the rules, it looks like you have created a very simple and entertaining RPG system. I'm eager to test it out but I was left with one question. Unless I overlooked a section of the rules, how do I know when and the amount of experience to give to my heroes? I'm assuming defeating enemies in combat will grant them experience, but are there any other actions that grant it as well? And when a hero does kill a foe, how much experience does he receive? If I simply missed this section in the rules please forgive my ignorance.
Good question.
First, from the rulebook:
Figures gain experience points equal to the points of opponent’s figures they defeat. Divide experience equally among all figures that helped in the battle to defeat the figures.

So if you have 6 characters, and they battle 3 squads of Marrden Nagrubs (90 total points), then each character gets 15 experience points after the battle.

I know that D&D and other roleplaying games give experience for overcoming traps, solving puzzles, completing the mission, and so on. But I wanted to keep it very straightforward for my kids. Also, my kids are used to Pokemon and Final Fantasy, where experience is only tied to defeating opponents.