View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2011, 09:57 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Legends of Scape (RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
I'm really liking the simplicity of this RPG so far. What has kept me from trying Heroes of Scape is all of the different classes/subclasses and whatnot. I'm thinking I may try this variation.
Spoiler Alert!

Now, when you say "After 8 hours of rest," does that mean 8 hours in real life? Or is there an in-game clock feature (ie: 8 minutes playing the game = 8 hours in the game)?
The 8 hours would be time in the game setting.

I haven't thought about how long a turn or round in a Heroscape battle would be (for example, a turn may be 10 seconds or 1 minute). So far I've just assumed that the players cannot recover spell points during a battle.

In the campaign I'm running with my sons, the characters are heading through a forest on behalf of the Duke of Bucknell to find out why the eastern outpost hasn't reported back in the last two months. The trip has taken several days. They've fought several battles, but so far I've haven't had more than one battle in the same day. That allowed them to rest and regain their magic spell points.

It's mostly up to the person running the game (Game Master) to let them know if their character has rested 8 hours. (In this way, it's like most pencil and paper role playing games.)

By the way, I was also a little overwhelmed by all the classes and subclasses in Heroes of 'Scape.
I think a turn = 10 minutes would work well. If I'm not mistaken, one round would be equal to an hour. But how does resting work? Do you just declare that the figure has rested and continue on?

As for campaigns - are you going to make some and post them here? Or do we just make our own?

Also, I think you could maybe add a couple more races (maybe Orc or something). Just a suggestion.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work