View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Unit Debate # 69 Arrow Gruts vs Blade Gruts

Theoretically I'd give the head to head match-up to the Arrows because Krug can crush the Blades' champions, but in practice it's pretty easy for the blades to tie him up. I think it would come down to the map, honestly.

At the last decent sized (around 30) tournament that I actually won, I played the Arrow Gruts. The final was against Aubriens, so it was maybe a softer field, but because the car with Clarissimus, spider_poison, kaboomboom and I was late, I was matched against Joe's trons in the first round and won. Like OEAO said for the Blades, familiarity with them helps a lot. Old school maps with lots of tiny height advantages and no jungle help them too.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=35936

Just looked at the battle report again... I beat 2 Redcoat armies, a Q9 + Nilfheim + 2x rats army, and Trons to get to that Aubrien final. That's including 2 games where Raelin got summoned away by the Erland glyph. I generally activated Krug before setting up Swogs, by the look of it. It's easy for AG's to get height, so think about trying to consistently get 5 attacks of 2 in.

I've never taken the Blades to a tournament I think,* so I'd personally be more comfortable with the AGs, even if they're considered lower tier.

*Reverse the whip wasn't really a thing in my day, so if you were gonna play Grimnak, you played Heavies. We also used to play Raelin back then, and it seems like Nerak only is the way to go now.

Also looks like I forgot to properly edit the first post of the power rankings:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...postcount=4660

Looks like I want them both to be B+, but I give the edge to AG's because I like them better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; April 21st, 2019 at 10:01 AM. Reason: was the closest game actually the Q9 game?