View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Life Of A C3G Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Looking good! I would add a line about withdrawing designs that don't generate interest. Also for testing optional rulesets, it may not always be possible on BoV maps, due to the nature of the rules (I'm thinking specifically of the Vehicle Rules, since none of those maps may be big and/or flat enough).
Good points! I think that there will always be some exceptions to the above, especially for optional rules, so I don't think that one's really an issue. I'll add that line about withdrawing (always forget about that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I think it looks good as well.

I think it's important to remember, once we get into creating individual threads, that each unit/rule/whatever is still not "yours": it's a C3G design. So those last bits of each paragraph, "Collaborative changes should be expected"? Those are the most important.
Exactly! As much as I want this to promote individual initiative, the feelings of ownership should be group wide. You're directing the individual project, but it's still a collaborative project.

Thanks to Bats and Griff for getting this thing put together

Great points were made by GreyOwl and Necro.

I was going to suggest it but GO beat me to it, we should have the right (after a vote) to withdrawal someone's design if for whatever reason they are not generating interest after a fair time frame. If someone knows ahead of time that they are going to be on vacation or being extremely busy for an extended period of time, they shouldn't post a design just to hold it until they get back, they should have the courtesy of waiting until they can be "around" to contribute before posting a new design. The great thing about this new way of doing this is if for whatever reason, someone can't participate for a while, they won't hold things up and are welcome to join in when they know it's a good time for them. Conversely, it also allows for those who can stay around and contribute consistently, to have a better chance of getting characters/rules/scenarios etc. that they want created and passed through the C3G system, so you are rewarded for active participation.

Necro's point is great as well in that despite who comes up with the initial design, it's not going to be "theirs" once it's passed through. It's going to be a C3G design. We all know how things look in the beginning and how they look when they are done. We have a variety of people here with a variety of skills and points of view to bring to the table. Some know the game inside and out and the rules like the back of their hand, some are artistically inclined, some know about certain characters more than others and visa versa. What makes for a great C3G card is the passion and various experience levels and points of view of the contributors. Anyone wanting to be involved with this need to know this ahead of time.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon