View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2019, 03:08 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Alternate Sculpts

Cool. Also, check out my Heroscape C3V & SoV spreadsheet which has all the C3V/SoV figures with links on where to buy - you may get lucky. Note that in that spreadsheet I combined the "official sculpts" and "alternate sculpts" listed on "Book of" thread as well as C3V Public Miniature Information Thread but also added figures that were "almost the same". For reference when browsing my sheet and you see multiple options, here is why:
  • Heroclix, Mage Knight, Star Wars - Multiple units are exactly the same sculpt and paint-job but have different stats on their bases (that most people throw away or paint over), so does not matter at all for Heroscape. A few of the promo figures have different paint-jobs.
  • D&D, Mechwarrior - There are multiple paintjobs, but the same sculpts.
  • Confrontation & AT-43: The figures are designed to be modular with different "units" having the same body and head, but can have different arms, weapons, and back protrusions (think of it like GI-Joes with different accessories), but is also why most people agree they are really hard to tell apart and so it doesn't matter that much. This is the case in having many options for Havech Eradicators and Gorillitroopers. FYI, the "Attachment Box" units have more/bigger guns than "Unit Box" but again same head and body.
  • Reaper - The pre-painted plastic figures are hard to find, so some Bones (unpainted plastic) and metal minis are added, but are all same sculpt.
  • Pathfinder - same as above with some unpainted units. Also some characters have been released with alternate sculpts so these are as close as you can get, like in C3G playing with one of the many versions of Batman Hero-clix figures.
I really should add some more of the "almost the same" figures to that list - if anyone notes any of these "almost the same" figures not on my spreadsheet let me know and I will add.

I will also say what others said, that for tournaments almost all TDs allow proxies, and at home games it really should not matter as you can proxy anything you have lying around. The only reason to care on having the "official sculpt" is for the super completest who wants to "have them all" and is a stickler for collectivity, not playability.