View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2012, 08:25 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Top 5 Video Games?

In no particular order, mainly because they're all different genres.

Ghost Trick
The concept is outstanding. The actual gameplay is enjoyable, even if the puzzles are easy. The music is great and the animation is fluid, but what really sets this game apart is the story. I don't want to spoil anything, but the story is amazing.

Okami
Ah, Okami. The LoZ ripoff that ended up much more enjoyable than most actual LoZ games. It's a fun adventure, it's long, the story and world are vivid and feel alive, the artstlye is cool, the music is very well done. My only real complaint with this game is that you-aren't-going-to-die-unless-your-controller-runs-out-of-battery difficulty.

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
An extremely challenging rail shooter. The music and graphics are great, but what really stands out in this game is the difficulty, which manages to be very high without ever feeling like BS. Beating a boss or a stage in this game is a truly satisfying experience.

Cave Story
People have different opinions on all games, and this game in particular generates opinions all across the spectrum. A big problem I've had with OOT and MMX is the fact that people praise these games to the point that, if you take the praise at face value, it is impossible not to be disappointed no matter how good the game actually is. I played Cave Story without really expecting anything and this may have influenced my opinion on it. I'd advise everyone to form their own opinions on games rather than just listen to others.

Now that I have got that out of the way, Cave Story is the best freakin' indie game ever made and if you disagree you are wrong.

But seriously, don't take my word for it, mainly because you may very well not agree with it. Play it yourself to find out how it is.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
You make the theme park of your dreams. What more does one really need?

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...