View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2008, 03:37 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Marro Drudge

I think the Drudge are another unit that people are considering for the wrong reasons. If you're gonna use these guys, you shouldn't be counting on Tunneling and the +1/+1 bonus for swamp water. What you should be counting on is that you can field more of these units for the price than any other ranged unit in the game (except Arrow Gruts, but they never come alone). The Mass and 10th cost slightly more per piece and get another attack per turn marker, so they're usually the better pick, but the fact remains that the Drudge are the cheapest ranged unit in the game that isn't reliant on other units.

I've had some success with Krav/Raelin/Drudge x6 against some strong armies, including Minions and Cyprien. That many ranged units can really be a pain for your opponent. Add in Swamp Water and Tunneling on the right map, and they can work very well. This is one of the next units I want to take to a tournament, after Sonlen.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57