View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2018, 12:27 PM

SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker
Re: SIEGE's AotP Converted Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeasantDave View Post
I just wanted to weigh in that the appealing part of this mod was dropping the spells entirely. Since several other blender projects are already using them. I trust the custom work of everyone in here though, since you all have more experience than me!
You know what you have a very valid point. The purpose of this was to convert these figures into Heroscape customs. Heroscape doesn't use spells. That would make our work much simpler. I think not including spells is a good idea.

Another idea I had because I finally am receiving my sets is can we make the cards the same size as the original AotP cards? It would still be able to be included and they have all the same information it'll just get confusing for me having two cards for the same figures. These new cards can be attached to the original cards on the back because there is no information on the back. Just a thought.
I agree that that is a great point. As I was thinking about how to incorporate spell cards, I realized that it creates an issue of how to address the abilities I changed to remove the dependence on spell cards (like Jace's Focused Thoughts ability). I changed them to remove that dependence, but if spell cards are added back in, then it's questionable as to whether the abilities should be changed or not. If I did anything with spell cards, it would have to be an optional rule.

Having one card per figure with HS on one side and AotP on the other would be handy. If someone creates AotP templates for Magic Set Editor, then I could make AotP style cards. Without the templates, it would be a lot of manual work to create them. One minor problem is that Arlinn Kord / Arlinn and the Kessig Rangers / Kessig Ravagers are front and back already, so those cards would need to be separate still.