Old June 5th, 2017, 03:22 AM

TheTravelingScaper is surprisingly tart
Talking Re: Request for Workshopping:Forgotten Sanctuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelingScaper View Post

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=4657

My ultimate goal is to make the map tournament worthy.(And possibly have @Sir Heroscape play on it in one of his videos if its reworked to a better caliber. )
Late to the party on this one but wanted to throw this in: this map looks awesome aesthetically (like so many maps that didn't make it in the top 10)! Its problem is that in competitive play, the whole map will never be used. The action will just focus on the area immediately between the start zones. Like others have said, it's hard to make a castle map competitive, and having it clear off to the side just doesn't work. That said, I would totally use this map if I were playing a superhero capture-the-flag game, where the flag is somewhere in the castle. I think it has awesome scenario potential, just not so much competitively.

This... this is very true and reasonable logic. Due to the core design of my map only about 1/3 will be used. One possible thing (scenario) I can foresee is have 2 people team up against a person who is starting in the castle,while utilizing the poorly thought out start-zones.( To win,the attackers get a greater number of points worth of figures than the defenders figures within its walls at the end of any round after the 3rd.(maybe poor isn't the phrase; they just aren't appropriate for this format due to a lack of uniform army build for the ARV/BRV/Tournament and as @Sir Heroscape )said previously or implied, the map is half as important as the army you draft or bring. As such design choices ,such as The lack of any way for a double spaced non-flying figure to traverse to the top is a major balancing issue considering flying range,(Protectors Mimring among others would just rain hell upon everything below.) I myself am probably going to start a map thread in the near future and see how that works out and experiment and get some feedback to test and see what really makes a map pop visually and what makes at balanced at the same time.

Missing 24 Units until I have 1 of everything. Missing stuff from waves 4,7,8,9,10,13 AA,Skahen Brown & Woo
My Tradeslist : http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51248