View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2019, 03:16 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 11/4/19: Seishin Samurai]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Just to lessen confusion, here's my rewording of Honor Beyond Death so that you can only spawn each Seishin once:

Quote:
HONOR BEYOND DEATH
Seishin Samurai do not start the game on the battlefield. When a Human Samurai that you control is destroyed by a normal or special attack or a leaving engagement attack by an opponent's figure, you may replace it with a Seishin Samurai in your army that has not been destroyed, if possible, and then move that Seishin Samurai up to 4 spaces.
Much appreciated. This does let a Seishin Samurai that is already on the board be teleported to another killed Human Samurai, though, does it not? Would saying "...that has not been placed yet..." work, or is that unfeasible?

Also worth noting is this kind of a revision, which was suggested to me privately. I'm no Editor, but if this direction is more workable for a single-spawning Seishin Samurai then I would have no qualms with adopting it.

Quote:
HONOR BEYOND DEATH
Seishin Samurai do not start on the battlefield normally. Instead, place any or all of them on any Samurai Army Cards that you control. For the entire game, when a Human Samurai that you control is destroyed by a normal or special attack or a leaving engagement attack, you may replace it with a Seishin Samurai from that figure's Army Card, if possible, and move that figure up to 4 spaces.
I kind of just winged that wording, but hopefully it's at least good enough to get the idea across.
You're right about the teleporting thing, which I think is kind of cool for a spirit but if you don't want that you will need to add "not on the battlefield" to the list of criteria. Placing them on other Samurai cards does make it a lot easier. Wording would then be:

Quote:
HONOR BEYOND DEATH
Seishin Samurai do not start the game on the battlefield. Instead, place them on Samurai Army Cards you control. When a Human Samurai that you control is destroyed by a normal or special attack or a leaving engagement attack by an opponent's figure, you may replace it with a Seishin Samurai from that figure's Army Card, if possible, and then move that Seishin Samurai up to 4 spaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!