View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2014, 11:47 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Recreating Some Official Cards

Hatamoto Taro
Some figures it really depends on the scale that you're playing. Hatamoto Taro begins to look a little more palatable if he is in a truly massive Samurai army, but that is partly how his price is less significant at those totals. Otherwise, I think you're missing the point of his aura. It's not so much a defensive ability as it is a way for the samurai to get more counterstrikes. I agree that they don't really need it and yours is more effective, but it feels like you're less tweaking him to be relevant and more making a different unit.

Deathwalker 7000

I can also get behind these changes. A reliable bomb is something it could really use and disengage will really help put it into position. I really like the idea of the preemptive detonation so he can still blow when attacked. I think choosing whether to risk defense or just blow him up looks like fun.

Deadeye Dan

Deadeye has always been a thematic favorite of mine who has never lived up to what I hope to get out of him. I think the size limitation on his SA came from dealing with Deathwalkers. It's not to difficult for him to earn his keep in a shot or two from range against them. It seems a lot of builds in Heroscape were done to dance around them, unfortunately. Cover Fire is cool but, again, feels more like a significant change to the unit. I suppose it speaks volumes that you can include that with a lower price total and a few other upgrades and still have him work out, although his auto destroy power probably drove up his cost out of necessity.

MacDirk Warriors

I have a soft spot for these guys, but it is an interesting re-imagining. They can definitely be useful in their own right. When the Champion dies, while they're not good as a 50pt squad of 2 attack and defense, they are a definitely less painful there than 30 pts higher.

Sudema
Wow. That is definitely a serious upgrade to Sudema. If you intend that the power not trigger on adjacent attacks, she'll be nigh useless on melee armies. Otherwise she is a powerful friend to sit behind a rat screen next to Raelin and rain down fire with some ranged squad.