View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: WARGROUNDS of SCAPE (WoS) - discussion thread

Hi Superfrog and thank you for your nomination.

Unfortunately "added to my collection" does not equal "WoS serious candidate right there", I have a lot of maps in my collection and some are not balanced at all.

I said your map is solid because I love the basic design and shape: ring around the big tree, lava on heigt + road but not so much LoS blockers so good potential in range vs melee balance.
But I didn't look really into the map to see if it was balance and stuff.
Let's do that now.

Now I'll give my opinion on the issue dok pointed out, and because I am a hipster, I'll do it backwards:

#4: Not an issue for me here, even and good thing. A jutting out startzone is cool because it diminize armies with a lot of common squad power a bit while changing basically nothing to the rest of the map.

#3: I don't see any problem here. Of course 6 moves have to be faster to grab a glyph, because they are.. you know... faster.
Pointing out a roblem just because of one unit is not for me. It's just not how I judge a map.

#2: For the flyers thing I don't think it's a problem because the only decent flyers glyph holders are the Sentinels and Phantoms Knights. Phantoms Knights take two truns for both glyph anyway and Sentinels, who the hell cares about sentinels. And for marcu, the turn-1-grab-a-glyph strategy doesn't seem good to me here, you lose a turn and Marcu dies on 17+ and even if you grab the glyph, the lost turn is huge because the glyph deny is really easy. So no fly problem here to me.
Now into the range "problem":
I don't agree with dok. The double road hexes next to the glyphs are great to help the melee squads to deny glyph holding as they're on height.
All I see in this dok's point is the Running Hot's creator that he is (don't ever try to nominate this map as long as I am a judge dok ).

#1: Unfortunately I agree too much with dok on this to accept the map. A good single-hexed gunner between the trees is too hard to deal with, the trees help hm more than doing something else because they prevent melee from engaging him.

So I'll give a NO to induct from now on but once the sand thing is changed, I would be happy to review it in more details.

Last edited by Foudzing; November 13th, 2014 at 05:19 PM.