View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2018, 11:36 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Being a walking missle launcher, I'm not fond of the idea that M.A.R.S. can target figures in two completely different directions. Perhaps instead of targeting two figures within 6 spaces of him, which could be in opposite directions, the special attack could be limited in a single direction. If the two targets were within say two spaces of each other the effect would be something it can already achieve without the restriction but feels more on theme and covers only a max of 13 hexes. It'll make him one heck of a canyon guard but not so great at holding off a swarm from multiple angles.

The only other thematic improvement I could think of is being able to target hexes instead of figures. Since missle launchers aren't known to be very precise, it's easier to imagine M.A.R.S. aiming for a particular stretch of land rather than individual units. Having the ability read something like:
Quote:
Choose two spaces within six spaces of M.A.R.S. and within two spaces of each other. All figures occupying the chosen hexes or adjacent to the chosen hexes are affected by this SA.
I'm not sure if there is a precedent of targeting hexes for something like this so it could just be wishful hoping on my part