View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:50 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Generals: I firmly believe that we need to make this as compatible as possible with Classic 'Scape, and that means we use the established Generals of Valhalla, that is to say, Jandar, Utgar, Vydar, Einar, Valkrill, Aquilla. I think we can fit most everybody Tolkien ever devised into those established army types.
It seems a little strange to me that a powerful angelic being such as Sauron would agree to follow one of the Kyrie Generals, although he did follow Morgoth and Ar-Pharazon. I definately cannot see Morgoth or the other Valar following the Kyrie.

I was going to suggest that maybe Valkrill IS Sauron, but both Sauron and Morgoth fought mortals in battle and were wounded (although never destroyed). So I think we'd want to at least have Sauron as a playable figure.

I will point out that both HoSS and Project Pokemon make figures compatible with classic scape, but neither of them use the Heroscape Generals.

If we ARE going to make the figures follow the Heroscape valkyrie generals, I think we really need to come up with a good backstory as to how they got to Valhalla and how they came to follow the kyrie generals in their quest for the wellsprings. If we can't make a believable backstory, we'd be better off using unique generals/factions.
Yeah, because Sauron and Morgoth aren't having a hard enough time as it is controlling Arda.

I completely agree with you especially at the bolded parts.