View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2018, 02:14 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Zatanna (II) (Breathing)

When I think zany, I'm thinking of her turning people into rabbits, bullets into airplanes etc. That's the type of stuff I think about when I think of Zatanna. There are several magic users out there, but I associate those sort of stage magic tricks and illusions to her.

The reason I specifically thought of the elements is this line:
Quote:
During a portion of her initial tenure with the Justice League, her powers were more limited, consisting in the manipulation of fire, air, water, and earth.
Since I was going for a less devastating Zatanna, and the mini and art was going for a classic Justice League/stage magician theme, I wanted the powers to stay in line with what you'd generally see in a magic show.

Rabbits out of a hat
Sleight of Hand
Disappearing acts
Changing one object or element into another
Trap doors
Hypnosis
Mind Reading

I like the over the top flare for this design. So whatever we go with for #4, keeping it simple and short, I'd want it to be something along those lines. Something fun and useful for her specifically rather than it being support based.