View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2018, 03:11 PM

King_Buyer costs too much!
Re: The Book of Thanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

Not sure why the sudden interest in my eleven year old posts, but this one does seem to stand the test of time.
Also, super suspicious of anyone who comes in advertising their multiple emails and profiles on this site. Sounds an awful lot like someone trying to overcome a prior banning or poor overall site reputation. I sure hope that isn't the case (but were I a more active admin than I am now, I might consider investigating).
My thanks go out to you IamBatman (and also to Dysole) for responding on-topic, under the Book of Thanos thread. Tornado and Mr. Migrane posted their cheeky humor in the book of thanos and their posts had nothing to do with thanos but came across entirely as attack posts against me personally. I hope it was clear from my original post that I wasn't attacking you personally, but was intended as a perfectly respectful challenge of your opinion. I started by referring to myself as a joker to try and debase myself but maybe that submissive tone was lost in the foolishness that followed.

The reason I commented on an 11 year old post was because I'm extremely dumb about computers and your website automatically links to the first page of the thread so when I clicked on book of thanos, I wasn't seeing the most recent pages... maybe there's a learning opportunity here where you could structure the site to link the newest posts first because I'm sorry but I don't think my heart can handle looking through 22 pages of cheeky off-topic nonsense from posters like Tornado and Migraine (there's a blog section for humor - make fun of me all you want there guys but please keep the Book of Thanos on the topic of Thanos).

That said, a perfectly fine counter-argument to prove me stupid would have been to simply state the most basic of rules in the instruction booklet itself: a player's TURN involves 3 steps (#1) flip order markers, (#2) move, (#3) attack. That's the simple answer to the ambiguity between a player's turn and an army card's turn. My friends and family do play Thanos as max 3 possible returns per round, but only after much argument and deliberation. Just thought I could advance the discussion on this fansite.

Feel free to investigate. I've never been banned, I've never used two or more profiles simultaneously, and as I've said before I'm very stupid with computers so I have no idea how to see my approval rating. I'd also like to apologize to any of the admins or site supporters who may have felt insulted by my response to Tornado regarding wasting time talking about a children's game... to be clear, I have a ton of respect for you admins who have BUILT, CREATED, and MAINTAINED such an awesome platform for the supporters who want to help bring this fun little game to the next generations. My thanks also go out to site supporters who are willing to share art and maps and other great personal content (that's the spirit we should all be encouraging). That comment I made to Tornado was directed at anyone who is just here to publish cheeky little personal insults... they should really be rethinking how they spend their time. If Tornado and Migraine would kindly remove their useless posts from the Book of Thanos thread, I'll gladly remove my responses to them so that the next 10 generations of gamers don't have to read through zillions of pages of off-topic garbage. May the 4th be with you!