Thread: newbie!
View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2006, 09:10 AM

mnguy12000 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Hey, Guy, good to have you. I think you'll absolutely love it when you play the master rules. Basic rules are dull - master rules are outstanding. And they're not too complex - my son is 11, and has a complete grasp of the game.

And one more point of clarification, in case you didn't know it - when you roll initiative, the person who rolled highest shows their '1' order marker and plays out that unit, then the other person shows their '1' and plays that unit, then the high roller shows his '2' and plays, then the other guy shows his '2' and plays, and so on.

It's not like this: Initiative winner plays his '1', then his '2', then his '3'. The the other guy (if he has any figures left after this incredibly unbalancing move) plays his 3 markers. You probably already knew that, but I actually played this wrong for the first six months I had the game. So feel free to mock me. Somehow, I still loved it.
Awe good thing you mentioned that. For example:

Lets say I won initiative. I place "1" on the airborn squad, then "2" on Drake and "3" on the Krav. So I wouldn't play all three turns? Only "1" then my opponent plays thier "1" then I play my "2" then they their "2" ect?

Thanks