View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:30 PM

Ratawonski Woo who?
Re: Welcome to the Custom Unit Forum. Please read me.

New to "Heroscapers".

would like to build some custom units to (possibly) use with vydar gladiatrons & blastatrons (a combo that has proven quite successful, but needs better support units to fit my playing style).

am looking for existing WOLVERINE customs to use/mod, as well as to create a sniper with a special "headshot" attack.

any help in these ventures, or suggestions for other support units, would be greatly appreciated.

if it matters, we usually play with a 400-600 point value, and blastatrons plus 2X gladiatrons = 220 points, so i'd like to keep the customs less-than-crippling in their point values.

i was thinking that the sniper could have a good range (maybe even 10-12, to combat robot heroes like Q9), low defense & life, and could only use the "headshot" special attack if they didn't move, and it would involve either rolling 17-20 on a six-sided die (successful "headshot" would kill all large-or-smaller characters). also, since it would be primary figure to build around, i'd like to give it a stealth ability of some sort, which should push it into the 150-180 point range (or so i would imagine, again comparing it to Q9).
have also toyed with the idea of making this as a squad (of 2 or 3, as a "sniper team").

the wolverine character would be a pretty straightforward melee character.
special attack of "berserker" which effects ALL adjacent figures.
still haven't decided how best to employ a "healing factor".
probably along the lines of a "life steal" (kill a figure, remove a wound), with defense of automatic two shields or something along those lines (think gorillinators turned from a squad into a hero, without the range and with "life steal" and a non-lethal "self-destruct" of sorts), as well as incorporating a krug-like ability to gain attack when wounded, or possibly allowing for his claws by automatically adding two skulls to any attack. any idea what would work best, and what his point value would likely need to be?