View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2011, 06:13 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Marvel Wave 1: Reinforcements Arrive Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
They definately nailed Hulk, Captain America, and Spider-man. Other than that though, I think the rest of them are lacking. Abombination and Venom could each use a unique power, Iron Man has nothing, Red Skull, Silver Surfer, and Thanos need a little more, and Doctor Doom neds some more.
I agree with you for the most part. Looking back over the times I've played Marvel, Abomination has never been picked because he just looks like a weaker Hulk.

Red Skull and Doctor Doom could handle being a little better, especially the stakes are so much higher in superhero games.

I used to be against Marvelscape because it breaks the game, but with the release of the C3G customs I realize the real reason I never played with the Marvelscape figures: The gameplay with them is not as fun or as a varied as with regular scape. C3G shows that it's okay for superheroes to "break" the game because you will just be playing superheroes vs. superheroes anyway. The fun factor is what Marvelscape is a bit shy on.

This expansion probably has a ton of gag orders on it just like everything else, so it's unclear whether all we have are the sculpts or whether the figures were indeed designed but never released. Maybe if we hope and pray in a few years the gag order might be lifted or have worn off so we can see the stats.

But I don't really know anything about gag orders. Just hoping.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.